2. It’s not being moody.
3. It’s not the same as ‘that time of the month’.
4. I don’t control it.
5. I am genetically inclined for it.
6. Like diabetes or cancer, it cannot be magically wished away.
7. A change of thought pattern is a lot harder than you might think. I try but there will be many setbacks.
8. ‘Toughing it out’ is not even an option.
9. It doesn’t go away if I take more walks or a longer vacation.
10. Best way to help me is not to give advice and tell me to cheer up. The best way to help is to let me feel I have a human connection so I feel loved and protected and listened to.
- Feeling Depressed Can Bring Down Your Diabetes (diabetesdaily.com)
- IHRO Re : Depression more damaging than some chronic illnesses (preetlari.wordpress.com)